Vanuatu Land Diving Festival
Vanuatu Expedition: Land Diving Festival
Uncover raw beauty and vibrant culture on the tiny islands of Vanuatu on this five-day expedition that takes in the legendary land diving ritual of Pentecost island’s Indigenous people. Leave behind the resorts of Port Vila and fly to rainforest-rich islands where you can meet locals, immerse yourself in nature and enjoy true adventure travel. Be amazed by the naghol festival, the original bungee jumping, which has been called ‘the most remarkable custom in all of Melanesia’, and get an insight that few visitors receive. This is Vanuatu like never seen before.
- Pentecost – Naghol (Land Diving) Ceremony
- Pentecost – Traditional kava welcome ceremony
- Pentecost – Half-day island hike
- Pentecost – Traditional outrigger canoe ride
- Pango Peninsula – Snorkelling
- Witness naghol, the unique land-diving ceremony of South Pentecost (and the inspiration for the modern sport of bungee jumping).
- Visit remote villages accompanied by a local leader who will ensure you have an immersive experience of Vanuatu’s unique cultural practices.
- Stay in traditional bamboo bungalows and enjoy meals cooked with love by the village mamas using fresh organic produce from the gardens and the sea.
- Snorkel and swim in pristine blue waters and relax in the sun on the sandy beaches of the South Pacific.